NAACP NATIONAL AND STATE LEADERS APPLAUD RE-ELECTION OF STATE PRESIDENT TO THE NAACP NATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
~NAACP adult branches, college chapters and youth councils applaud the re-election of State Conference President. ~
FORT LAUDERDALE — NAACP national and state leaders congratulates State Conference President Adora Obi Nweze, affectionately known across the country as “Adora”, on her successful re-election to the NAACP National Board of Directors.
“I am humbled and grateful to all NAACP members in Florida for their support and continued confidence in me to continue fighting at the National level representing our issues and advocating for our priorities. With 2020 serving as the most critical election in our lifetime and living in one of the darkest periods in history with a dangerous occupant in the White House, I am fired up and ready to keep fighting for quality public education, voting rights, affordable healthcare, environmental justice and the economic health of the black community,” says Adora Obi Nweze, President of NAACP Florida State Conference and member of the National Board of Directors.
Adora Obi Nweze is a devoted member of New Harvest Missionary Baptist Church, Miami, FL; member of Gamma Zeta Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.; and served as Past Associate Matron, Angels of Adora Chapter #99, Order of Eastern Star, PHA. Her NAACP affiliation includes being a Diamond Life member of the NAACP, President of the Florida State Conference and member of the NAACP National Board of Directors. Adora has served as President for the Miami-Dade Branch (13 years) and the Opa-Locka Branch (2 years).
President Nweze’s previous leadership roles include: Appointment by former Governor Charlie Crist as Special Advisor for Minority Affairs and past Chair and member of the Community Relations Board for Miami-Dade County.
Adora retired from Miami-Dade County Public Schools after a 39-year successful career that took her from the classroom to district administration. Adora is the proud mother of four adult children, Ronald, Donna Regina, Norman, II and Treska and loving grandmother of Mykl, Amber, MaDonna Chalice, Khari and Destinee. Adora also has two great grandchildren, Quincey and Monte.
Here’s what NAACP national leaders are saying about Adora’s re-election to the NAACP National Board of Directors:
• Chairman of the National Board of Directors and former Florida State Conference President Leon W. Russell – “I absolutely support the re-election of Florida State Conference President Adora Obi Nweze to the NAACP National Board of Directors in the Election of a Board Member by the Convention at the 2020, 111th Annual Virtual Convention. There is no more hard-working member of this Association than Adora. I urge every member of the Board to work in your delegations to support her re-election.”
• National Board Member and Immediate Past Chairman Roslyn Brock – “You have my support soror!”
• National Board Member and 2nd Vice-President of the Florence Branch Madie Robinson – “I proudly second the nomination of Adora Obi Nweze to the National Board of Directors at this virtual convention. She’s a stalwart NAACPer who is totally committed to fighting for freedom, justice and equality. Please vote and re-elect Adora to the National Board of Directors.”
• National Board Member and Board Treasurer Jesse Turner – “Of course, I wholeheartedly support the re-election of Adora Obi Nweze to the Board.”
• National Board Member and Chair of the Economic Development Committee Leonard James – “It has been a pleasure serving with one of the icons of the movement and I support your re-election to the National Board of Directors.”
• National Board Member Wendell Anthony, President of the Detroit Branch – “Of course, the Detroit Branch, the largest branch in the NAACP, supports the re-election of Adora Obi Nweze!”
• National Board Member and President of the Texas State Conference Attorney Gary Bledsoe – “Adora is a true asset to the NAACP. I love the guidance on emergencies, and really and truly the new Initiative with the University of Kentucky Department of Education she worked with President Johnson, Brother Cunningham and Victor to bring about and the recent great victory that we just had against Secretary DeVos regarding the DOE’s intended misuse of federal funding. Thank you Adora and all who worked on these projects.”
• National Board Member and President of the Wisconsin State Conference Wendell Harris Sr. – Thank you for all you’re doing and have done. You have my vote!!”
• National Board Member and President of the New England Area Conference Juan Coefield – “I will absolutely get the word out in NEAC!! You may also use my name if you think that it will be helpful.”
• National Board Member and former President of the Boston Branch Attorney Michael Curry – “I’m with Adora.”
• National Board Member and President of the Hawaii Branch Alphonso Braggs – “I am very committed to supporting our sister Adora.”
• National Board Member Debra Brown – “You have my vote.”
• Kecia Hendrix, Alabama State Conference Economic Development Chair – “You certainly have my vote!”
Here’s what the NAACP Florida State Conference is saying about Adora’s re-election to the NAACP National Board of Directors:
• Jaylin Cole, President of the NAACP Florida State Conference Youth and College Division and President of the Tampa Youth Council and Nominator of Adora’s re-election bid – “It is my pleasure to nominate Adora Obi Nweze for the National Board of Directors. Ms. Adora has worked and sacrificed in the fight for justice and equality. She’s been a part of several groundbreaking initiatives that have made a difference in the black community.
• Torey Alston, Florida State Conference 1st Vice-President and State Conference Delegate – “I am excited to once again support the hardest working State Conference President and Member of the National Board of Directors, who is always fighting for what’s right and advocating for all people. I will be voting for my mentor, friend and fearless leader of our state conference, Adora Obi Nweze!”
• Evelyn Foxx, Alachua County Branch President – “Alachua County Branch proudly support Adora Obi Nweze for Re-Election to NAACP National Board of Directors.”
• Tarnisha Cliatt, Manatee County Branch President – “You have the Manatee County Branch of NAACP #5113 and it’s delegates full support on your campaign and quest for the National Board of the NAACP. “
• Harry Harvey, St. Petersburg Branch President – “The St. Petersburg Branch, 5130 supports your continuous leadership as a member of our National Board of the NAACP.”
• Trevor Harvey, Sarasota Branch President – “Sarasota County gives its support to the re-election of Madam Adora Obi Nweze to the National Board.”
• Rev. Clyde Carter, Pasco County Branch President – “The Pasco County NAACP Branch 5630 gives its full support to the re-election of Adora Obi Nweze to the National Board of Directors.”
• Linda Franklin, Jackson County Branch President – “The Jackson County NAACP Branch #5104 delegates fully support the re-election of Adora Obi Nweze to the National Board Directors.”
• Lewis Jennings, Okaloosa County Branch President – “Okaloosa County Branch delegates fully support the re-election of Adora Obi Nweze to the National Board of Directors.”